Sunday, September 28, 2008

Emma Jane Cook


So tomorrow my baby turns 2!

Two years ago tonight Cameron and I went into the hospital to be induced to have our baby girl. The induction didn't go so well and I had to have an emergency c-section. But luckily at 1:46 p.m. we had a healthy little girl who weighed 6 pounds 13 ounces and was 20 inches long. She was beautiful and we loved her immediately.


She breast fed like a champ right from the beginning. She didn't practically sleep at all the entire 3 days we were in the hospital but she was happy and had lots of visits from friends and family who love her.

We were pretty nervous to take her home. But luckily both of our moms were big helpers.

This is her birth announcement photo. The next few months were quite a blur, I don't remember much. Emma was a pretty colicly baby and had reflux and I had a pretty rough time with some post partum depression. But through it all, everyday that girl made me smile. She is so beautiful and I never knew how much you could love another person. When I told my mom we were pregnant she got me a yellow vinyl board with the words "a child fills a place in your heart you never knew was empty" I still read that plaque several times a day (it is hanging in Emma's room in perfect viewing from the glider) and still marvel everyday at how much I love her and how she truly does fill my heart. I love you Emma Jane Jane, always know that!

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Ware Family said...

The good thing about C section babies are that they have beautiful heads!
She is so pretty!
I love the Little Grins pictures, they look amazing!

Keith and Allie said...

I remember drving with Mel to SLC to see you! We were so nervous for you! We couldn't even cry our way out of a speeding ticket!

I'm so glad a scary experience has turned into such a blessed one! She is a sweet girl!

The Funky Bunch said...

She is a cute baby. At least everything came out well with the delivery!! Time for baby number 2!!

Alicia said...

Your posts almost had me crying! I loved seeing all those photos of Emma!!! She is so sweet. By the way, she did great at my house the other day. I asked her if she wanted to help me make a cake, and she stopped crying and was ready to help! If she could talk better she would tell you that Berklie wasn't very nice to her, but that Carter loved playing with her!! Send her over anytime!