Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Emma's first Pet, and my poor parenting!

So I have been meaning to blog this since Emma got her first pet back on July 29th, but I am a little slow, but here is the hilarious story anyway. Cam sometimes takes Emma to the store and he isn't very good about making her stay in the cart and he lets her walk very slowly all around. On this particular day he took her to Wal-mart and decided to show her the aisle with the fish. She loved them and wanted to stay and look at them all day. So a couple of days later I take her to Wal-mart with a mile long grocery list and first she screams that she has to get in the cart and is screaming "walk, Emma walk!" Then after I bribe her with a sucker it is "fish, fish, fish, fish" well I take her to that aisle and make the mistake of letting her get out because of her demands to see them up close. When I tell her it is time to go she throws the tantrum of the century. So guess what her novice mother does. Buys her four fish, two black and two orange, not to mention that they were expecting a shipment the next day so I paid $3.26 per fish because they were out of the 10 cent fish. But I also have to buy food and a bowl. So Emma goes through the rest of the shopping trip happy as clam shaking her fish around in the cart. She reminded me of Darla in Finding Nemo, because after we got them home and into their bowl one of the orange ones died about a hour later from all the trauma. Emma is adorable with them though, she named them "Nemo, Dory, and Crush" and she feeds them every morning and stares at them in their bowl. We love our little persistent and smart girl, she has us wrapped around her little fingers.