Saturday, October 4, 2008

Shout out to working moms!

So, here's a random post. I have been working some extra hours lately at work. I am going to visit my sisters in Vegas soon (Hooray!) and am flying so I am trying to get those tickets paid for, plus I have bought some new clothes (I didn't have very much in my new larger size!) and surprise, surprise we may (Cam would say I) have gone a little overborad with Emma's birthday. Regardless, I have been picking up extra at work.
So, I have always said when people ask me what I do for a living I have said that I am a stay at home mom. Which I think is mostly true. I only work one day a week (12 hours) and Emma is either with my mom or Cam or a combination. I don't feel that she is ever without excellent care. So thanks mom and Cami! However with these extra shifts I have had to work some other things out. I have had help from friends (thanks again Alicia) and from my rocking sister Georgia! Cam has also gone in early several times so he can come home early. Hold on, I promise I have a point.
So, it has been hard. I'm tired, the house is pretty messy, the laundry and dishes are backed up. Plus the worst part is I swear Emma is acting out because she is mad at me and feels a little abandoned. Even when we're home I feel I have lots of other things to do besides just have tea parties constantly.
So, I just wanted to say to working moms and single moms out there, you guys have it rough and I give you props for all you do! Also I want to say that I am so blessed to have so many people around me in my life that are willing to help. I am also so grateful for a husband who works so hard so that I usually only have to work just one day a week. He is so awesome and not only does he work I think that he helps out with Emma a ton more than most dads do, and he does a lot of cooking and helps occasionally with housework. So I am a pretty lucky gal, and just wanted you all to know that.

7 comments:

Ware Family said...

I am amazed at working/single moms too. Parenting is tough as it is with all the help I have.
I think you have an awesome skill and I think it's great you get to use it still.

Keith and Allie said...

I wish I lived closer Emma, so I could help out too! I really admire you for working. You are developing your skills & helping a lot of people. Being a nurse is a noble calling! (so is motherhood!-you get double points!)

The Robbins said...

Emily,
I see you have a blog. It is cute and your daughter is adorable. Thanks for this post. I have to work while my husband is in school. It is tough, I couldn't do it knowing my kids where in daycare. Thank goodness my mom is my mom. She watches my kids and I am grateful for that.

Alicia said...

I'm more than willing to watch her any time! She was awesome! I am with you, I don't know how single moms and working moms do it like they do. I can barely keep my head on straight with what I do. I hope you are enjoying a little break in Vegas.

The Funky Bunch said...

I think it's great you're able to get out once a week and go work and still be able to be the great mom and wife that you are. You totally deserve some new clothes and a trip to Vegas! Enjoy! Oh and yes, Cam is a great guy!

Mackenzie said...

Um love ya, but I would like to see smor pictures of little miss Emma!! Thanks and hope all is well!!

Julie said...

EMILY!!! HEY! I'm way glad you found our blog and I'll forsure be looking at yours from now on! it's fun to see what you're up to! Emma is sooooo cute!